Natural cardiovascular restoration
- Cardiovascular disease is the #1 cause of death.
- Bypass Graft surgery restores blood flow by diverting blood around section of blocked arteries using vascular graft.
- 1.5 million bypass surgeries performed each year worldwide, requiring >3 million grafts.
- 80% of all implanted grafts are saphenous veins, harvested from the legs of the patient, associated to wound healing complications, pain, and high cost.
- 50-60% of all implanted grafts fail within 10 years, requiring repeat surgery.
Natural Tissue Restoration
- BioDGraft eliminates the need for vessel harvesting:
No additional wound, no risk of infection, no pain.
- Door-opener for people with severe diabetes, varicose veins, and amputations.
- Shorter hospital stay, at least 1 day less.
- Significantly decreased procedure time for the surgical team.
- Less cost.
- BioDGraft has the potential to become a graft for life:
- revolutionary product design and polymer technology, developed by researchers at TU and Medical University of Vienna
- Microporous scaffold allowing fast cell infiltration.
- Long-term patency due to natural endogenous tissue restoration and absorbable polymer, no long-term synthetic remnants → reduced risk of graft stenosis, calcification and need for re-operation.
INTRODUCING BIODGRAFT: A SOLUTION FOR LIFE
BIODGRAFT, AN NLC VENTURE, SETS OUT TO ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR VEIN HARVESTING IN BYPASS SURGERIES, PROPOSING A SOLUTION THAT LASTS FOR LIFE. Cardiovascular disease