A Solution for Life
- Cardiovascular disease is the #1 cause of death.
- Bypass Graft surgery restores blood flow by diverting blood around section of blocked arteries using vascular graft.
- 1.5 million bypass surgeries performed each year worldwide, requiring >3 million grafts.
- 80% of all implanted grafts are saphenous veins, harvested from the legs of the patient, associated to wound healing complications, pain, and high cost.
- 50-60% of all implanted grafts fail within 10 years, requiring repeat surgery.